Friday Wrap Up! New Year’s Edition
Hello and Happy Friday to you all!
The whirlwind of holidays and New Year’s is over and it is time to get back to reality! Whether or not you have made any plans for the new year, I hope you all can see this as a time for renewal. Here are some links from around the web that might interest you.
- Will these give your life a complete 180? I’m not going to co-sign that guarantee! But if we truly believe that words can be our greatest tool you may want to keep some of these in your back pocket throughout the year. Here are 15 phrases that will change your life in 2015.
- Again, the goal shouldn’t necessarily be to “create a new you” but the idea of having enough mental strength for one’s resolutions is worth a thought! 4 Ways to Make Your New Year’s Resolution Stick in 2015.
- Some delicious new learning for you! It was fun to learn the story behind the beans, the kraut, and the other culinary ways we ring in the new year. Still, I’m going to have to pass on the pickled herring. #nope. The True Story of Traditional New Year’s Lucky Foods.
- Beannacht (A New Year’s Blessing) by John O’Donohue
On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.
And when your eyes
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.When the canvas frays
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.- See more at: http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/blog/2014/06/06/john-odonohue-beannacht-blessing-2/#sthash.aZCQTVPi.dpuf
– See more at: http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/blog/2014/06/06/john-odonohue-beannacht-blessing-2/#sthash.aZCQTVPi.dpuf
Be well and Happy New Year,